Monday, July 24, 2006

Prachi

"Achchha tell me, should I grow my hair?

"Tell na, stop reading that paper! Look at me and tell me. Should I grow my hair?

"Ufff, I am sick of your answers, 'Yes', 'Hmmm', 'Fine'. Do you ever have an opinion? Now stop reading that paper, will you?

"Ok, tell me why I should not grow my hair? Give me one good reason. No, no, no, you are not touching me. First answer my question. And by the way, mister, you are not supposed to touch me. That was the deal!

"And don't you ever cut your nails?! Chhee! You don't even trim your moustache. Look at yourself in the mirror. You think you look very handsome? You look like Veerappan! There you go again! I told you no touching. Keep your promise like a gentleman.

"Give me also a fag, na. You know when did I last smoke? That night we went to Ghungroo. Light it for me, na. I can never light under a fan.

"Stupid, I asked you to light my cigarette and not to hold my hand. Besharam! -- shameless. Can't keep your hands off. Ya ya, don't flatter me now, I know my hands are soft and sexy. By the way, I like your hands. Big and manly. Will it hurt if I pull this hair?

"Ha, ha, ha, ha... That was your punishment for touching Prachi. What kind of a man are you? -- screaming just because I pulled a hair. OK, what do you want for dinner? Kuchh order karen? Or shall I cook? Hey mister, how about you cooking for a change?

"No, no, you are going to cook tonight. Or else you are going back hungry... What? Are you crazy? No way, you are not staying back! No, no, no, you are not staying back.

"Hey mister, don't mess around with Prachi... Keep your hand away.

"Nooooo, you are not going there. You are not going anywhere. That tickles, stupid. No, you are not going there... Be a good boy and go to the kitchen. Ok, you read the papers and I will cook. No, no, you are not going there... Ok, ok, put on the FM na, they must be playing Hindi songs now...

"God, I am listening to this song maybe after 10 years! Is that Asha or Lata? Hey mister, now don't take advantage of the song and start doing that to me. Told you, you are not going anywhere near there... Please na! If you promise to be a good boy I will give you a hug, thheek hai? But please keep your hands away. And what about dinner?

"I am feeling a little hungry... oh my God, it is 5.45! Hey mister, will you at least make some breakfast? I don't think there is bread. Will you get it when the shop opens? No, actually, I will send the watchman. You stay here, with me...

"What! Are you mad? No, you are not going to office today... Boss? To hell with him. Tell him you have fever. Or else I am going to show him these love bites and he will get a fever. What would you prefer, Mr Veerappan?"

13 comments:

Usha said...

Interesting narration and a very sweet story. :)

Ardra said...

ahem...wonder why the scenario feels somewhat and somehow vaguely familiar...:-)

Bishwanath Ghosh said...

Usha: Thanks :) Last night I read quite a lot of your posts.

Ardra: It seems familiar because Prachi is not isolated -- a bit of her lives in every woman :)

Anu Russell said...

why the name Prachi?

Bishwanath Ghosh said...

Anu: What's in a name :) Why, do you happen to know any Prachi?

Gaurav: Keep guessing! :) Thanks for coming here.

Antara Mukherji said...

you remind me of the script writers of the 70's. :)

Anu Russell said...

hehehe! no just wondering! ya Whats in a name!

Visithra said...

ah sweet love ;)

Anonymous said...

Such fantasy reminds me of Kannamma poems of Bharathi.

Anonymous said...

Hey ! Intersting story :) I had a smile on my face throughout the passage :) well my name is Prachi :)

Deepika Munot said...

LOl!!! Typical Mills and Boons stuff!! But yes I guess there are girls who would behave coy and hard to get!! don't know how well it works tho'!!!

janani sampath said...

nice one.. remember reading it four years ago... still brings a smile :)

Neha said...

First time here and loved it...awesome narration! On my way to follow your blog now :)