Monday, January 01, 2007

10-Point New Year

A very happy new year, dear reader.

May 2007 bring you all the things you've been lusting for. But things are not going to fall on your lap if you are the way you are (or else they would have been yours by now), so the idea is to make reasonable resolutions and stick to them.

I too have made some for 2007, and my resolution no. 1: I shall stick to my resolutions. The rest are as under, in order of priority:

2. Quit smoking. Quit drinking. Saves me about Rs 6000 a month -- a lot of money!

3. With the money saved, go on weekend trips to the hills.

4. Read for an hour before I sleep. And meditate for an hour after I wake up.

5. Have lots of sex. When practiced as a sport, and not as an obligation or duty or routine, sex is an excellent cardio and tummy-trimmer. Why sweat it out in the gym when you can sweat in the comfort of your bed and feel good?

6. Still, will sign up with a gym. Use the combination of weight-training, yoga and sex to achieve a Brad Pitt-type body. (I know that's a sign of advancing age: at 36, the biggest compliment is someone telling you, "My God, 36? And I thought you were 28 or 29." So far I thought such lines work only on women. By the way, there are some women I know who look 25 even at 40, and I've told them so and, in case they are reading this, I want them to know that I meant it).

7. Try to be a good husband. Often I forget that I am one.

8. Resist watching other men's wives: too many guys are putting up pictures and MMS clips of their bedroom and bathroom on the internet, and that takes too much of my time.

9. Hand-write my stories with a fountain pen, like I used to do before, instead of sitting at the laptop. Will keep me from seeing evil.

10. Publish a book. On travel.

8 comments:

Paresh Palicha said...

I'm eagerly waiting for the last one.

Bishwanath Ghosh said...

Hi Paresh. The last one is most likely of the 10 :)

Paresh Palicha said...

Just now focussed on 9th :) Very true typing the story on laptop with Net connection can be very distracting :)

I miss the days when used write with hands or type on a typewriter. It was physically incovinient, but looking back it was fun:)

Anonymous said...

Nice list BG. If it weren't for resolution 5, would have wondered if I had stumbled into the wrong blog. Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

I know you can make all of those happen.
- RS.

The Doodler said...

Bishwanath,

Wish you a very happy and successful (in sticking to your resolutions)new year!:)

dharmabum said...

good luck with your resolutions. was a time when i tried some - esp no.2, and then gave up - never mind the monetary considerations ;o)

no.9 - imho, it will also put in that extra bit of 'feeling', 'life' call it what you want, in your writings. i still use the pen to write - once i get home in the evenings and have downed a couple of drinks - and then type it out the following day...

happy new year to u too!

Sanjeev said...

Hi Bishwanath,

I thought at least you would stay away from making resolutions. I always believed at least you are not run-of-the-mill. Whatz happened to you. Make a resolution and any normal human would never adhere to it. Hope you endorse my belief in your personality by not adhering to your resolutions, and at the same time doing what your heart tells u at any given moment. Hope Im not playing spoilsport.